For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Jo Cox of 7 Jubilee Way, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX266PN.
Information We may Collect from You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hutsixdigital.co.uk (our site) or in respect of emails received from you. This includes information provided at the time of completing our enquiry form, registering to use our site, subscribing to any services we offer, posting material or requesting further services by email. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- When dealing with enquiries we may also ask you for additional information to assist with the dealing of the same.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site.
Where we store your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your Information
We will disclose your personal information to Nominet, JISC or Domainbox in the process of registering or renewing a domain name on your behalf.
We may disclose your personal information to any subcontractors that we instruct to assist with the supply of services to you, where it is relevant to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Hut Six Digital or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hut Six Digital, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at 7 Jubilee Way, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX266PN or emailing us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, clients, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.