5 Places to Use Your Twitter Follow Button
7th June 2011
Recently I posted about Twitter’s new Follow Button and how you can get one, but what about where to put it? Here are my top 5 suggestions:
- On your website. Crucial, because if someone has taken the time to visit your website they’re likely to already be interested in who you are and what you do. Giving them a simple way to follow you on Twitter will hopefully keep you in their mind, even after they’ve navigated away from your website.
- On your blog. Not the same thing as putting a button on your website, since many individuals and businesses will have a blog remotely hosted on services like Tumblr, or have a seperate WordPress installation for this.
- In forum signatures. This is a great palce to pick up new followers, especially if your posts in the forums are particularly interesting or insightful.
- In your email signature. Most people have a signature with phone numbers and website links, so why not a Twitter follow button? You’ll need to make sure you’re sending HTML rather than plain text emails for this to work.
- Email newsletters. You could include your follow button in the confirmation page for new subscribers or even in the body/footer of your actual newsletter every time it goes out.
NB: Because this post is more than two years old, and the world of web design and technology moves on so quickly, the information in it may now be out of date