5 Places to Use Your Twitter Follow Button
7th June 2011
Recently I posted about Twitter’s new Follow Button and how you can get one, but what about where to put it? Here are my top 5 suggestions:
- On your website. Crucial, because if someone has taken the time to visit your website they’re likely to already be interested in who you are and what you do. Giving them a simple way to follow you on Twitter will hopefully keep you in their mind, even after they’ve navigated away from your website.
- On your blog. Not the same thing as putting a button on your website, since many individuals and businesses will have a blog remotely hosted on services like Tumblr, or have a seperate WordPress installation for this.
- In forum signatures. This is a great palce to pick up new followers, especially if your posts in the forums are particularly interesting or insightful.
- In your email signature. Most people have a signature with phone numbers and website links, so why not a Twitter follow button? You’ll need to make sure you’re sending HTML rather than plain text emails for this to work.
- Email newsletters. You could include your follow button in the confirmation page for new subscribers or even in the body/footer of your actual newsletter every time it goes out.